Again, AWESOME!  Good stuff.  Thank you again!

-Alan

On 11/15/2018 7:16 AM, Fred Gleason wrote:
On Nov 15, 2018, at 07:39, Alan Smith <alansm...@flinn.com <mailto:alansm...@flinn.com>> wrote:

Lets say you have a PD that is working on a log remotely via the a fore mentioned vnc.  And lets say simultaneously you have a traffic person doing the exact same thing to the exact same log.

Since Widows locks files that are in use, and from my understanding, Linux does not, is it a case of "he who saves changes LAST" wins?  Where the other person's changes are lost...

If this is the case, how do you handle potential editing conflicts like this?

As of v2.19.x, the system will not allow the same log to be edited simultaneously in multiple locations; second and subsequent instances that attempt to do so will get a message indicating that the log is already being edited along with the name of the user and system where the editing is taking place.

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |              Chief Developer         |
|                           |              Paravel Systems         |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                         -- Cicero         |