>> I've achieved this through the usual trick of NFS sharing into
>> /var/snd and editing rd.conf to use the MySQL on the server. Just as
>> if I had a traditional rdserver/rdclient setup, but using the Windows
>> machine instead of the Linux Rivendell server.

> Watch out with this!  While running MySQL on a Windows machine isn't
really a problem putting the /var/snd file share on a Windows
> machine is risky.  I know that it is possible to run an NFS server on a
Windows box, but underneath it all Windows still handles your files
> quite differently from Linux.  For example the way that Windows does file
locking is a big area of concern and one of the big reasons
> Rivendell has not been ported.

It took me a while, but I got things pretty stable. I use Samba and
reconnect shares in fstab with appropriate permissions. I've also created a
"user" on the server for rd and made sure that Windows' permissions were
properly set.

I've not seen a problem with locking. Not that it won't happen, but I've not
yet seen it.

By the way, right now this is just a hobby machine; if I move it to actual
on-air deployment I would be using Paravel's server/client model. But right
now I'm developing (under Windows but with Lazarus to eventually create a
Linux version) my own music scheduling software specifically for Rivendell,
so I prefer to have my server running Windows.