On Tue, 2019-02-05 at 08:58 -0700, Lorne Tyndale wrote:
> I admit that I have used the ability to run a remote script at times
> and
> have found it useful, I would be disappointed to see that
> functionality
> vanish.

One could still do that with ssh(1). On the local system, you'd do:

        RN ssh remote_user@remote-host /my/remote/command!

There'd be a bit of initial setup required (mostly, creating and
populating a private/public key pair for ssh(1)), but it would give you
much finer-grained control over which remote users run what.

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |