I'll add a vote to HP 8000 series machines.  I've got Rivendell running on HP
8000 Elite machines in both the CMT (tower) and SFF (small form factor)
versions.  The 8000 is Core2Duo, the 8100 is 1st gen Core i series, 8200 is 2nd
gen and 8300 is 3rd gen.  The CMT machines will take a full size soundcard but
with the SFF machines, you are limited to low profile cards.

As Steve said, use name brand SSD drives as these will allow a very fast boot
time and will keep the noise levels down.

Andy

---- On Fri, 03 May 2019 00:13:26 +0100 Steve Varholy <st...@wxryfm.org> wrote
----

I like to use refurbished HP8300 USFF machines with name brand SSD drives.
They've been rock solid. Rivendell did not like the built-in sound card.

Steve Varholy
 President and General Manager

The Historic Barringer Building

1338 Main Street - Suite 202

Columbia, South Carolina 29201

Office: (803) 753-7260 x 251

Direct: (803) 404-5535

Cell: (703) 585-2101

A Service of the Independent Media Foundation