On Tue, 2019-05-14 at 15:02 -0700, Patrick Linstruth wrote:
> It's a pull model. The client (Rivendell) initiates all transfers. I
> feel that ManageServices is where the MusicMaster stuff should go.
>
> The library is pretty slick. We can ask for a list of song/metadata
> changes since the last time we asked.
> The scheduling isn't quite as elegant. We can either ask for a
> date/time range and get elements (log events) or not, or there is a
> "last scheduled" date we can poll for and request new elements that
> way.
>
> Both of these are only a problem if more than one Rivendell host is
> asking for the same information, in which case we'd have to manage
> syncs another way.

Library synchronization could be handled through a single rdrepld(8)
instance as that data is site-wide anyway. Is there any reason why
rdlogmanager(8) couldn't ask for the relevant scheduler elements
synchronously when it needs them to populate 'IMPORTER_LINES'?

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |