On Fri, 2019-07-19 at 15:35 +0200, Hoggins! wrote:
> What you are proposing could be acceptable, but I cannot start Jack
> from
> RDAdmin, because at the time Rivendell suite starts, Jack is already
> running, so that's unfortunately not an option. I'd like to get back
> the old behavior, or at least find a way to override Rivendell's
> kinky
> nature on that topic.

I agree that running jackd(1) as 'root' is really not a Great Idea.
Perhaps what we need is a setting in rdadmin(1) that would allow the
user to select which user to run JACK under.

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |