On Mon, 2019-08-19 at 16:33 +0200, Gabriele Fergola wrote:
> I noticed in default client installation of rivendell (using the
> installation script) create an entry with autofs to mount /var/snd
> from the server.
> All is working normally if there is no modification from the server-
> side. If it happens not always the client is advised of the change
> and continuously is using the old version of the file present in the
> nfs cache.
>
>  I discovered this issue because the server is executing a script to
> create the time audio file and exchanging that audio with a just cart
> audio just present.
>
> When U try to play that cart I had still old audio :D
>
> So to avoid this is better to remove the cache from nfs mount point.

I am not seeing this behavior here. As a test:

1) Stand up 'server' ('/root/install_rivendell.sh --server') and
'client' ('/root/install_rivendell.sh --client') instances.

2) On the client system, create a file '/var/snd/file.txt', and chown
it to be owned by 'rivendell:rivendell'. Launch a text editor on it and
put the text 'Version 1' into it.

3) On the server system, verify that '/var/snd/file.txt' has appeared
and contains the string 'Version 1'. Launch a text editor on it and
change the string 'Version 1' to 'Version 2'.

4) On the client system, check the contents of '/var/snd/file.txt'. On
my setup, I get 'Version 2' (as expected).

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |