Its the same encoder on both:  96k mp3.

The servers in question were setup by me (we stream on our own bandwidth).  They are 2 identical icecast servers on CentOS 7. One located here at the main office, and another across town. Oddly enough, its the one here that isn't updating.

After a little more digging, looks like its an icecast issue.

When manually updating metadata via URL using the source username/password, it tells me it can't update via URL.

When manually updating metadata via URL using the admin username/password it accepts the update.

Why it works using the source on one server and only the admin account on the other when both are IDENTICAL setups is beyond me...I haven't actually made the changes to the rlm_icecase2.conf yet, but I'm pretty confident this will fix it.

If it doesn't, I will post back.

According to the icecast docs, metadata updates should be able to be accomplished using either admin or source credentials, but in this case that doesn't appear to be so...

-Alan