We have a stream receiver in the rack which outputs audio to an input on the Rivendell box.

Using macro carts we 'take' the stream and when we want to return we have a macro cart that returns to local Rivendell programming.

This is well documented on the Rivendell wiki and works as expected.

There is a delay on the stream which can vary from a few seconds to as much as a minute depending on network delays.

There are various techniques to manage the cross.

It should be possible to link direct using RDCatch.

The macro cart option facilitates a crossover announcements