Mike,

I am attaching 2 files for you to look at.

one for filewrite and one for udp.

The filewrite should write a file with lines like:

title - artist

the trick will be to rotate daily to a file with a different name and clear
it out.
the bigger trick with be to get the time in front of the line.

%h:%mm:%hh AP

may offer some clues.

Or, try something like this with netcat:

nc -ul 17111 | ts > songlog.txt

all the best,

drew

--
Enjoy the *Paradise Island Cam* playing
*Bahamian Or Nuttin* - https://www.paradiseislandcam.com/
; This is the sample configuration for the 'pypad_filewrite.py' PyPAD script
; for Rivendell, which can be used to write one or more files on the local
; system using Now & Next data.
;

; Section Header
;
; One section per file to be written should be configured, starting with
; 'File1' and working up consecutively
[File1]

; Filename
;
; The full path to the file to be written.  The filename may contain filepath
; wildcards as defined in Appendix C of the Rivendell Operations and
; Administration Guide.  The user running RDAirPlay must have write
; permissions for this location.
; Filename=/tmp/rlm_filewrite.txt
; I think there is a permission problem, moving location to tmp to check (dR)
;
Filename=/tmp/dailylog.txt

; Append Mode
;
; If set to '0', the file will be completely overwritten with the contents
; of each PAD update.  If set to '1', each update will be appended to the
; existing contents of the file.
; Append=0
Append=1

; Format String.  The string to be output each time RDAirPlay changes
; play state, including any wildcards as placeholders for metadata values.
;
; The list of available wildcards can be found in the 'metadata_wildcards.txt'
; file in the Rivendell documentation directory.
;
;FormatString=NOW: %d(ddd MMM d hh:mm:ss yyyy): %t - %a\nNEXT: %D(ddd MMM d
hh:mm:ss yyyy): %T - %A\n
;FormatString=%t - %a\n
FormatString=%t - %a\n

; Encoding.  Defines the set of escapes to be applied to the PAD fields.
; The following options are available:
;
;  0 - Perform no character escaping.
;  1 - "XML" escaping: Escape reserved characters as per XML-v1.0
;  2 - "Web" escaping: Escape reserved characters as per RFC 2396 Section 2.4
Encoding=0

; Log Selection
;
; Set the status for each log to 'Yes', 'No' or 'Onair' to indicate whether
; state changes on that log should be output.  If set to 'Onair', then
; output will be generated only if RDAirPlays OnAir flag is active.

MasterLog=Yes
Aux1Log=Yes
Aux2Log=Yes
VLog101=No
VLog102=No
VLog103=No
VLog104=No
VLog105=No
VLog106=No
VLog107=No
VLog108=No
VLog109=No
VLog110=No
VLog111=No
VLog112=No
VLog113=No
VLog114=No
VLog115=No
VLog116=No
VLog117=No
VLog118=No
VLog119=No
VLog120=No

; This is the sample configuration for the 'pypad_udp.py' PyPAD script for
; Rivendell, which can be used to output Now & Next data to one or more
; remote UDP ports.

; Section Header
;
; One section per remote UDP port is configured, starting with 'Udp1' and
; working up consecutively
[Udp1]

; IP Address
;
; The IP address of the remote UDP port, in dotted-quad notation.
; IpAddress=127.0.0.1
IpAddress=127.0.0.1

; UDP Port
;
; The UDP port number of the remote UDP port, in the range 0 - 65,535.
; UdpPort=1234
UdpPort=17111

; Format String.  The string to be output each time RDAirPlay changes
; play state, including any wildcards as placeholders for metadata values.
;
; The list of available wildcards can be found in the 'metadata_wildcards.txt'
; file in the Rivendell documentation directory.
;
; FormatString=NOW: %d(ddd MMM d hh:mm:ss yyyy): %t - %a\nNEXT: %D(ddd MMM d
hh:mm:ss yyyy): %T - %A\n
FormatString=%t - %a\n

; Encoding.  Defines the set of escapes to be applied to the PAD fields.
; The following options are available:
;
;  0 - Perform no character escaping.
;  1 - "XML" escaping: Escape reserved characters as per XML-v1.0
;  2 - "Web" escaping: Escape reserved characters as per RFC 2396 Section 2.4
Encoding=0

; Null Update Handling.  Defines how 'null' updates --i.e. those with a cart
; number of '0' -- should be handled.
;
;  0 - Process all updates regardless of cart values.
;  1 - Process update only if the 'now' cart is not null.
;  2 - Process update only if the 'next' cart is not null.
;  3 - Process update only if both the 'now' and 'next' carts are not null.
ProcessNullUpdates=0

; Log Selection
;
; Set the status for each log to 'Yes', 'No' or 'Onair' to indicate whether
; state changes on that log should be output on this udp port.  If set