David,

thanks for the response.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 3:29 PM David Klann <dkl...@linux.com> wrote:

> Hi drew,
>
> On Fri, 2020-03-06 at 15:09 -0500, drew Roberts wrote:
> > Alan,
> >
> > thanks for the response.
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 2:32 PM Alan Smith <alansm...@flinn.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Let me throw out an alternative if it will make life a little easier:
> > >
> > > OBS Studio
> > >

> > I already know about it. We use it already:
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s61ERZ_1Yc
> >

> Umm... at the risk of sounding old ... Can you please explain the use case
> for
> this?

A bit of background... There has been talk on the list over the years about
the possibility of Rivendell playing Video as well as audio. A good number
of years go, I decided to see if I could "hack" something together to "make
it so"... It sort of worked. (I also hacked something else together around
rivendell such that it could server as a sort of jukebox for a restaurant
and allow the patrons to choose and vote on the music iirc. that is another
story.)

I recently saw the possibility mentioned again recently iirc, somewhere
rivendell related iirc, I got a bee in my bonnet to see if I could do a
code and concept refresh and get it working again. I have been having fun
doing so.

> Do you want to re-create MTV?

I doubt it.

> Do you want to schedule and play a
> "playlist" of videos?

This is sort of what it is doing now just as rivendell  schedules and plays
"playlist" of audios?

> The youtube looks to me like just a slideshow with some animation. What am
> missing?

The youtube is just to show I know about and am already using the suggested
OBS Studio. Indeed it is just a slideshow and the music is basically
unrelated to the slides. The music is from an over the air FM (music)
station in the Bahamas.

> Thanks!
>
>   ~David
>

> all the best,