From: drew Roberts [mailto:zotz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2020 3:53 PM
To: Phil Biehl
Cc: Mike Carroll; User discussion about the Rivendell Radio Automation System
Subject: Re: [RDD] Riv with a NAS

OK Phil,

I have something that should get you closer although there may still be more to
sort out.

On the rivendell server (which in your case would be the NFS server / NAS)

[rd@rdserv2 ~]$ cat /etc/exports
/var/nfs        192.168.86.86(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
/var/snd 192.168.86.1/24(rw,no_root_squash,async)
/var/vid        192.168.86.1/24(rw,no_root_squash,async)

make your /etc/exports match the /var/snd line with appropriate changes to
match your subnet.

sudo exportfs -a

On the Pi:

sudo mkdir /var/snd

sudo mount.nfs 192.168.86.150:/var/snd /var/snd

192.168.86.150 is the IP for the Riv server / NFS server / NAS.

I was not careful as to user and group ownership for /var/snd so that may still
need to be sorted to get everything working right. However:

pi@remobpi:~ $ ls /var/snd/000001*
/var/snd/000001_001.wav

pi@remobpi:~ $ ls -lah /var/snd/000001*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 150 150 5.6M Jul 20  2017 /var/snd/000001_001.wav

Yup, looks like something needs to be done with user/group permissions.

all the best,

drew