Years ago Wayne Merricks put together a script which almost did this.
It has rdairplay load the day's log and skip to the cart that should be
playing based on the time of day.  It is meant for those times when the
system reboots unexpectedly and such.  Here's the link:

http://caspian.paravelsystems.com/pipermail/rivendell-dev/2015-November/023621.html

Lorne Tyndale