Hi Ryan,

hopefully there is a 1 or 2 sec gap at the 3 min point.

The tool to use is sox and you can make it cut at both time and level.

I have a script that looks for the 2 second gap before the BBC news and uses that to lop off the front of the file we record from their stream.

because the internet stream is variable length the script finds the silence and measures the time from the front to the silence.

all done with sox.

In your case the front of the file is clean so you need to look for the release point in the audio.

Does it come with tone?

couple of snippets to give you an idea of what is possible with sox.

sox -V3 normalised.wav /home/rd/audiolab/clipped.wav silence  0.5 0.1%  1.0 0.8% <-- looks for silence

sox -V3 normalised.wav /home/rd/audiolab/head.wav trim $LENGTH <-- trims a specified length of time off the front

If you download the top of the hour bulletin to somewhere you can make a copy and then use sox to find the cut point and create a new track.

There will be a format for the bulletin, and the edit works as long as the reader follows the format.

If you wand help send me a copy of the audio file.

regards

Robert