From: rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org
<rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org> on behalf of Simon Frech
<si...@kmud.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 11:58:04 PM
To: Mike Carroll <druidl...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RDD] last steps of Rivendell 3 install

Interesting, looks like the Mac on which I write this email changes the
straight single quote to a curly one in this font. I just realized this as I
entered it again here. So this was not likely the problem.

So I opened up a terminal but neglected to do “su -“ and was therefore logged
in as rd. I entered
echo "SET PASSWORD FOR root@localhost = PASSWORD('mylousypassword');" | mysql
-u root
and I received command prompt indicating the command was successful.

But am I not supposed to be root to execute this command? I changed to root,
entered the same command, now I get
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password:
NO)

Thanks

On May 14, 2020, at 1:46 PM, Mike Carroll