James,

Thanks for the tip. Looks promising.

- Bill

On 5/25/20 2:50 PM, James Greenlee wrote:
I'm unaware of a free, functioning AoIP driver that works on CentOS 7.

The Merging Technologies Alsa driver works fine under CentOS 8.  I'm actually
discussing the compilation issues on CentOS 7 with one of their guys right now.
 We'll see if any progress is made on it.

You can always buy a hardware card that does whatever protocol you want, and of
course, Paravel offers a driver as well.

James Greenlee

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Putney" <bi...@wwpc.com>
To: "Rivendell-Dev" <Rivendell-dev@lists.rivendellaudio.org>
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2020 11:25:12 AM
Subject: [RDD] Anyone have AES67 working?

I'm wondering if anyone has tried out AES67 with RIvendell? There are
drivers Centos drivers for AES67 on github. We're possibly upgrading our
studio boards and the new boards support AES67. It would be nice to have
all the audio and GPIO issues solved by an AoIP solution. I can imagine
that the audio parts are pretty straight forward, but I don't know what
it would take to make the GPIO work. I know Fred did do Livewire drivers
but I don't know if that included the GPIO as well.

Thanks,

Bill Putney - WB6RFW

District 2 Commissioner - Port of Port Townsend
Chief Engineer - KPTZ
El Jefe de Contenido - Port Townsend Film Festival
Private Pilot-Single Engine Land | Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic / Inspection
Authorization