Hi John,

On 6/22/20 8:34 AM, John Boles wrote:
Is there a way to add timed starts from an external scheduler.
I know that you can add  a marker in the Edit Service Setup in RDAdmin.
I would like to add either Hard or Next metadata also from my external scheduler.

I'm working on a Rivendell Scheduling App (in Python) and I wondered about the same question. I just looked through the Rivendell sources, and I don't see anything obvious in there about adding events with Timed Starts from an externally generated "merge file" (from the external scheduler). It kind of makes sense: "Events" are strictly Rivendell entities; "tracks" (both Music and Traffic) are things that exist in Rivendell *and* outside Rivendell. Maybe Fred can confirm?

I only want to have one element in my Clock Events of From Music.

I too thought this would be a "Good Thing" for my scheduler app, but I've decided to simply create Clocks with those Timed Events at the top of the hour (in my case) and simply add one additional Event for the rest of the hour: that Event is the one in which I import from the external scheduler.

Hope this helps!

--
  ~David Klann