Drew:

No, the icecast server is not local; this box will be installed on someone else's network. It won't be possible to open a port on his firewall, nor does he want this machine visible from the public Internet.

I have four Rivendell 2.x machines at other stations sending metadata to an Icecast server in Germany, and have never had problems with them. This is the first time I've tried doing it with RD 3.x.

/usr/bin/wget http://icecastserverip:icecastserverport/manualtest.html

That gives me "connection refused".

On the server in Germany I am using for my other stations, it gives me "ERROR 404: File Not Found." And metadata works there, so it looks like my client's service provider may not support streaming metadata.

Thanks,

Rob

--
Сквозь грозы сияло нам солнце свободы