Hey Tim,

On 8/9/20 1:50 PM, Tim Camp wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Configure runs with no errors.
> make exits in module caed with the following
>
> /lib/.libs/librd.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for
> MusicBrainz5::CEntity'

I don't fully understand that error. But I think what it says is that
the linker was able to find libmusicbrainz5, but it was unable resolve
the symbol CEntity.

Here's what I learned comparing library versions on CentOS 7 and Ubuntu
18.04 (both current and recently updated):

  - libcoverart is at version 1.0.0 on both distributions

  - libmusicbrainz5 is at version 5.1.0+git20150707-7 on Ubuntu, and
    version 5.0.1-9 on CentOS 7

Did you installed the libmusicbrainz5-dev package from the Ubuntu
repository? I wonder if that "point release" of libmusicbrainz5 is
causing problems with your compilation?

Maybe try installing the MusicBrainz library from source?

   ~David