Hey John,

On 12/13/20 11:20 AM, you wrote:
> Hi gang,
> Having an issue with load log on startup.
> Rdairplay loads the log like its suppose to but I can't seem to get it
> to autostart.
> I have tried the following in the Rdairplay config.
> Log:0+
> Log 0+
> Log:+
> Log +
> In all of the above Rdairplay doesn't load any log.
> But will load the log if nothing is added after the log name.
> Running Rdairplay from the command line with log:0+ works as advertised.
>
> I have also tried setting the first line in the startup log with a timed
> start of 00:00,:02.0 Start immediately but it doesn't fire the cart.
>
> I thought I had this working before but its been so long since I
> restarted it that I guess it wasn't.
>
> Thanks for any insight
> John

I believe the "Log:" text box in RDAdmin > Manage Hosts > [hostname] >
RDAirplay allows you to name either a) the name of a specific log to
load on startup, or b) a wildcard pattern representing a log to load.
See Table E.2 in the Ops Guide
(http://opsguide.rivendellaudio.org/html/appendix.metadata_wildcards.html)
for details about wildcard patterns.

I've just peeked at the RDAirplay sources and don't see anything about
options for specifying Log startup as you've shown above (and that are
accepted on the rdairplay(1) command line).

My recollection is that on startup (launching from a menu) RDAirplay
*used to* fire the next Timed event when the time came (as expected). It
seems that it's not doing that as of 3.4.1 (and now 3.5.0). I just
started RDAirplay with a log containing hourly (top of the hour) "Timed,
Make Next" events, and the log did *not* start at at the specified time.
I tried it with the event transition set to "Segue" and "Play"; no
difference. When I changed the event to "Timed, Start Immediately", it
*did* cause RDAirplay to play the log at the specified time. More
investigation needed...

Hope this helps!

   ~David Klann
    Broadcast Tool & Die