Hi,

Following on from all of this discussion, I’ve just seen this article on The
Register - https://www.theregister.com/2020/12/15/centos_alternatives/
<https://www.theregister.com/2020/12/15/centos_alternatives/>.  One of the
alternatives mentioned is Oracle Linux, and they say that they are 100%
application binary compatible with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
https://www.oracle.com/uk/linux/ <https://www.oracle.com/uk/linux/>.  Is this a
possible alternative to CentOS?

They have this interesting blog post, which has a script on it to convert from
CentOS to Oracle Linux https://linux.oracle.com/switch/centos/
<https://linux.oracle.com/switch/centos/>.  They also say that it is totally
free and the same code as their paying customers - they charge for support.

Any thoughts?

Andy