Hi Michael,

On 12/24/20 12:18 PM, you wrote:

> Please forgive my ignorance and feeble memory. I can't seem to figure
> out how to use rdalsaconfig.
>
> I open it with sudo rdalsaconfig. A box pops up with three devices
>
> HDAudio Generic - ALC1150 Analog[01]
> HDAudio Generic - ALC1150 Analog[02]
> HDAudio Generic - ALC1150 Analog[03]
>
> I can select or unselect each one. There are Save and Cancel buttons at
> the bottom of the list.
>
> Do those represent my onboard sound? If I select them then hit Save,
> nothing really happens. Nothing changes in my available Audio Resources.
>
> Michael

Yes, those represent the different entities within your on-board audio
devices. Clicking on a line "selects" that device (i.e., makes it
available for use as a Rivendell audio device). You'll need to have
create and/or write permissions on the file /etc/asound.conf in order to
save your choices in rdalsaconfig(1). Clicking the "Save" button saves
your choices.

I recommend playing with it -- try selecting just one line (like, the
first one) and see if you can hear audio with headphones or a speaker
plugged into the output of the on-board audio jack.

   ~David