For anyone interested,

I finally solved this problem. The new version requires an undocumented
modification to the RML syntax.

To get %0A%0D (equivalent to \r\n) to work, I had to add an additional %,
escaping the first %.

The new syntax looks like this: %%0A%%0D

Also by the way Mike, the \r\n syntax does not work in an RML. It has a
completely different set of escapes from the rest of Rivendell's areas.

Thanks all!
Tom Golding
Radio By Grace