My best experience is using a sed sacript:

sed -e “s/oldhostname/newhostname/g” oldhostbackup.sql > newhostbackup.sql

Most of the time when installing an old database into a new machine or a machine with a different host name I lose the entire RDCatch listing and at times have other quirks when creating a new db from an existing in RDAdmin.  This script I used on the first Rivendells (0.xx) and worked on my last install from 2.xx to 3.5 on a new machine without a glitch.

Hope it helps,
Jimmy