I have had the same experience with mp3's generated by programs that insist on promoting themselves in the mp3 tags.

Some very expensive news / network software seems to do it just to be difficult.

Setting all tags blank, gets rid of characters which upset rdimport.

Remember there are several types of tags. mp3 has more standards than a Roman army.

regards

Robert