Hi again.

You can, and you can not... I'll try to explain:

(At least in Debian world, and AFAIK) AudioScience cards can operate in two mutually exclusive modes:

1. An AudioScience 'native' audio engine mode, driven by its proprietary 'libHPI' kernel module: In this mode, only applications programmed and compiled with AudioScience libHPI library can use the ASI sound card (Rivendell is such a program) directly, independently of any Linux audio engines such as ALSA.

2. ALSA audio engine mode. In this mode, the card loads a driver that makes it to work with the Linux 'normal' audio engine (ALSA here) ... becoming a normal sound card, and, therefore, any audio application will work. Notice that, Even in this ALSA mode, if you declare the card as managed by Rivendell (something you could do, as you can use any ALSA sound card with Rivendell, using RDAlsaConfig GUI program) in order to use it will  'take control' of it, making it unusable for other programs (or at least, conflicting)

I do not know for CentOS (I use Debian) , but for Debian, only one of the AudioScince kernel module packages (either ALSA or libHPI ) can be present/installed on a given computer. My guess is that, being something kernel related (The actual audio card will load a different firmware depending on which mode will it work upon booting) this limitation will apply to CenOS too... You may need a dedicated, separated, 'production' machine, even connected to Rivendell.

Best regards!