On 6/16/21 09:35, Alejandro olivan Alvarez wrote:

> On 6/16/21 2:49 PM, David Klann wrote:
>> Hi Alejandro,
>>
>> On 6/16/21 05:44, you wrote:
>>> Hi list.
>>>
>>> [ snip... ]
>>>
>> Yay! Clearly, deep down the rabbit hole!
>
> Hey! thanks for your help!
>

>> [ snip ... ]
>
> I've taken a look at your script (I'm not confident in perl) and I guess
> from it you can query rivendell logs from CLI (my ignorance about that
> is what lead me to raw SQL querying) ... clirdlogedit? ... where can I
> get more info :-o !!!

man rdclilogedit

 >> [ snip ... ]
>> After the LL Macro, you need a MN Macro (Make Next). But you need to
>> calculate the time at which to start the Log outside of Rivendell, in
>> the script where you are sending the Macros. This is where it becomes
>> somewhat difficult. See the comments in the script I wrote (above) for
>> why it is kind of a guessing game.
>
> So as mental recap: either with your script, some SQL query, that
> mysterious rdlogeditcli, but EXTERNALLY to rivendell, you create a macro
> cart that (or a set of them....or one that calls others... I'm
> processing that in my mind) that someway guesses the right LINE, then,
> the easy part LL, MN line, PL etc ...

I think you have the basic concept down. Then, it's just a matter of
figuring out the timing. If you can make your way through the Perl
script, you will learn that the timing calculation is likely the most
complex part.

Two aspects I have not included in the time calculation are 1) Cart
Marker settings. I believe the Cart lengths reported by rdclilogedit(1)
come from the LENGTH column in the CUTS table. That does not take into
account "Cut Start", "Cut End" or "Segue Start" Markers, so the actual
times in any given Log (especially near the end of a day) may be off by
as much as several minutes. And 2) multiple Cuts in a Cart: my
understanding is that RDAirplay chooses which Cut to play in a multi-Cut
Cart at the time it plays that Cart in the Log. Maybe the Perl script
can predict which Cut will be played, but I haven't enough familiarity
with the C++ code to make that decision.

   ~David