The audio filename is going to be xxxxxx_001.wav

Artist and Title are stored in MySQL [or MariaDB ]  where [] are allowed in strings.

--set-string-artist=should work with []" <--tested and it does

--set-string-title="same"

I just checked this on a copy of the same OS.  If the *source audio filename* has [] brackets in it  rdimport does not work.

I tried with wildcard complete and \[ escapes.

*BUT*  using --set-string-artist= allows [] to be used.

I have tried various bash tricks to no avail.

I would be for changing the filenames using sed to replace [ with  a phrase like 'b4'  and ] with a phrase like 'b8' and using the import script to substitute occurrences in the --set-string-artist="" string. Simple enough to use an if then test like if grep -q artist_part_of_filename 'b4' then replace b4 with a [ in the string being used for artist=""

Or you can get into mysql and do a global replace where b4  and b8 occurs in the title;

Migrating from one library to another can be a challenge. If you have less then 20 you can do them by hand but anything more is a bash proposition or perl or python or whatever rocks your boat!

If you go the MySQL route make a copy of the DB before you attempt any changes.

regards

Robert