I am new to Rivendell and am trying to finish the setup of a machine to run our
radio station. Each week we have daily programs that we record from a CD and
move the files into our current automation software (SS32).

In Rivendell, RDCatch seems like to ideal solution for us to automate the
process and speed up our production work.

I have set up a folder on our new machine called “shows_import”. That will be
where I want RDCatch to look for the file. I currently have place a file called
“test1.mp3” in the folder and have RDCatch set to look for the file and place
it into a Cut in a Cart for departing.

I think I have it set up properly but have been unsuccessful at getting RDCatch
to do anything with the file. Here are my settings:

User: user  Password: ————
(Although the manual says no user and password are need for file transfer on a
drive, RDCatch is still requiring me to have a username associated with the
event)
Destination: 300121_002
Channels: 2
Autotrim, Normalize, Update Library Metadata (selected)
Active Days: Set to whatever day I am testing.

I have successfully downloaded from an FTP site, but can’t seem to make this
work when grabbing a file on the same computer. This seemed simple enough but
for whatever reason, I just haven’t had a success with this set up.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony