Hi.

Being a Debian and radio enthusiast, Rivendell definitely caught my attention when it went 'debianized' in the development branches, of what will be in the future the next big release Rivendell4. However, the debian-based reference OS was (or is, AFAIK) Ubuntu-Studio, NOT Debian itself.

I packaged Rivendell 3 (as other did also) for Debian Buster, in order to learn and test it, but unlike Rivendell 4, it's sources are not meant to be debian-packaged out of the box, and the resulting packaging and OS integration (at least with my packaging skills) was somehow ugly ... However, the Rivendell 3 on Buster was ROCK SOLID and operated perfectly.

Rivendell 4 OTOH being debian-friendly on its sources, makes incredibly easy to maintain packaging-wise, so there're already Debian repos around (I myself keep one to help/ease install and test 4.X)... However, in my experience, there're some important problems with 4.X and Debian, so Ubuntu-Studio is IMHO the sure-bet for Debian-based distro and 4.X at this time.

AFAIK CentOS support will be maintained (obviously) so, CentOS 8 (and i bet upcoming CentOS verions and/or project forks) is for sure, one, if not the best option.

Best regards.