I'd be happy to upgrade them all, but they all need to be able to synchronize carts, cuts, and logs with backup Rivendell machines at other sites. This feature is mission-critical, as all of these stations run largely unattended, so when there's a problem in the studio we need to be able to switch to a backup machine and be sure that its contents will be up-to-date.

That's not a feature Rivendell has, so it's done with two external scripts. Switching to Rivendell 3 would require rewriting and testing those scripts, as the database structure has changed. The stations are happy with what they have, and no one's supporting them but me, so there you have it.

By the way, having those backups has saved WUMB's ass twice in as many years: when the power went down campus-wide for a week in the summer of 2020, and again a couple weeks ago when a hardware problem took down the machine in the on-air studio.

Rob

--
Не думай что всё пропели,
Что бури все отгремели;