On 01/03/2012 01:35 PM, John Horne wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-01-03 at 11:54 -0500, Tim Evans wrote:
>> Don't see this in the FAQ, or in the last year or so's worth of archived
>> messages, so...
>>
>> After running yum update on a RedHat 5.x system (or any other analogous
>> update tool), how do you re-set the rkhunter database to accept the
>> changed files?  Something like tripwire's --update and --report-file
>> options.
>>
> Run 'rkhunter --propupd'. It's not mention as a FAQ, but the man page
> indicates when the '--propupd' option should be used:
>
>     One  of  the  checks rkhunter performs is to compare various current
>     file properties of various commands, against those it has previously
>     stored. This command option causes rkhunter to update its data file
>     of stored values with the current values.

Thanks for your response. Been there, done that, repeatedly.  (This is
version 1.3.8, BTW.)

The only thing I can find that truly cleans everything up is renaming
the db directory and re-installing, then running --propupd, then running
a normal scan.  Surely, that's not the right way.

--
Tim Evans, TKEvans.com, Inc.    |   5 Chestnut Court
UNIX System Admin Consulting    |   Owings Mills, MD 21117