On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 12:29:16 +0100 Fredrik Persson
<fredrik.p.pers...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I just installed rkhunter from the tar.gz file from sourceforge on
my Synology NAS. When I try to run it, it says:

>jumbo> rkhunter -c --configfile /etc/rkhunter.conf
>tail: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1'
>Try `tail --help' for more information.
>The SCRIPTDIR configuration option has not been set by the
installer.
>(..)
>What am I doing wrong?

Your Synology NAS AFAIK runs Busybox as userland. It appears to be
a version that does no longer support "-[number]". get_option(),
the function that processes configuration file options uses 'tail'.
Since tail fails to properly fill the variable it errors out with
the message you see. You could 'cp /path/to/rkhunter
/path/to/rkhunter.bak && sed -i "s|tail -1|tail -n 1|g"
/path/to/rkhunter' and then it probably works OK.

Best regards,
unSpawn
---