On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 00:45:13 +0100 "Martin Čmelík"
<martin.cme...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I was unable to find answer on my question in FAQ or via Google,
>so I think that mail list will be best option.

It is indeed. Good choice.

>I would like to set on my distribution separate partition for all
>tools which rkhunter needs for scan (--bindir). Is there list of
>external commands which rkhunter execute during scan?
That's the list it puts in its database when you run "--propupd".

More importantly it would be good to know -=why=- you would want to
do that? Outdated web pages or web log posts often spread the
misconception that RKH equals security. It does not (and besides
you shouldn't rely on one tool only). RKH is a -=post-incident=-
analysis tool with a specific scope. Security-wise the emphasis
should be on -=proper host and service hardening=- first. That's
the foundation, a "must have", and it must be done before anything
else. I would classify what you intend to do as a "nice to have".

>Or is there chance that busybox contain all of them?
BB can include ps, find, netstat, lsof but they are very limited in
what switches they provide. So even if the binary you compiled has
all required tools included usage would cause b0rkage. Doesn't mean
you shouldn't try though.

Cheers,
unSpawn
---