From: Carel Fenijn [mailto:c.h.c.fen...@issc.leidenuniv.nl]
Sent: 03 April 2013 12:43
To: Nick Warr
Cc: rkhunter-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Rkhunter-users] A question about group_changesand
passwd_changes

Hi Nick,

On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 11:32:19AM +0100, Nick Warr wrote:
> So, I just wanted a confirmation, if there are changes to the passwd or
groups, I will get a single warning.

Indeed. You could let a wrapper script take care of the passwd and group
file, that is the way I do it.
Alternatively, the developer of rkhunter could make it an optional feature
to also update the passwd and group files, e.g. only if a variable is set,
for backward compatibilty the behaviour can remain the same if that variable
is not set.

> If I there are "other" changes these will be continuously reported every
time rkhunter runs?

Unless the config file of rkhunter is adjusted as needed and rkhunter
--propupd is run.

Cheers,
--
Carel Fenijn