Hi,

On Thursday 23 June 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> manually inserting a simple line break after the word "existing" in the XML
> file also fixed it. so breaking text seems to be the issue.
>
> any ideas what would cause this?

well, most certainly it's a Qt and / or KDE issue, then.

I note the following strange behavior, here:
a) I can resize the unmodified plugin to arbitrarily small sizes.
b) If I shorten the warning label so that there is no line break, the window
will correctly refuse to be resized below a sensible minimum.

I guess that may be fairly close to the root of the problem. I only did a bit
of googling, so far, and it shows this description of the problem (without the
more severe effect of nothing coming up at all, though):
http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/8766-Qt-layouting-QLabel-s-word-wrap-bug .

I have committed an experimental patch, which should set a hard minimum size
limit to 50x50 pixels, in SVN. Could you test, whether than changes anything?

Regards
Thomas