On 04/12/2011 04:55 PM, manuel "lonely wolf" wolfshant wrote:
> On 04/12/2011 04:51 PM, Mircea Vutcovici wrote:
>>>     fsck -D
>> poti sa imi spui te rog ce face aceasta optiune? la mine in man fsck (
>> acelasi man ca si http://linux.die.net/man/8/fsck ) nu apare
> never mind, e la fsck.ext3
Salut,

Mie nu mi se pare suficient de clar ce e in manual.
Mai clara pare explicatia de mai jos. E luata de pe wiki-ul lui Arch
Linux. Nu ma flamati, ca nu-l folosesc)

*Directory Indexing: *

This feature improves file access in large directories or directories
containing many files by using hashed binary trees to store the
directory information. It's perfectly safe to use, and it provides a
fairly substantial improvement in most cases; so it's a good idea to
enable it:
# tune2fs -O dir_index /dev/hdXY
This will only take effect with directories created on that filesystem
after tune2fs is run. In order to apply this to currently existing
directories, we must run the e2fsck utility to optimize and reindex the
directories on the filesystem:
# e2fsck -D -f /dev/hdXY