From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Petter Karlstrom
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 10:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Robots] robot in python?

Hello all,

Nice to see that this list woke up again! :^)

I have written crawlers in Perl before, but I wish to try out Python for
a hobby project. Has anybody here written a webbot i Python?

Python is of course a smaller language, so the libraries aren't as
extensive as the Perl counterparts. Also, I find the documentation
somewhat lacking (or it could be me being new to the language).

Are there any small examples available on use of HTMLParser and htmllib?
Specifically, I need something like the linkextor available in Perl.

Also, what is the neatest way to store session data like login and
password? PassWordMgr?

Pointers, anyone?

cheers

/Petter