[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb am Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:40:48 -0500:
>> So everything is fine: But your preferred options in your cfg-File.
>> No need to change anything in the source.
>
> Are you proposing to bundle a CFG file with each individual build for
> particular platform which is automatically loaded on startup? Coz this
> would be the ideal solution for newbies IMHO. But someone needs to take
> initiative and maintain those defaults...

I'm using an archos and I'm very happy with the defaults as they are
right now.
You said that your patch wasn't bad for existing users because
they could put the value they want in a cfg-file. But the same holds
true for all users, including the new ones on Iriver. So there's no
need to piss-off existing userbase by changing the default.
What you are proposing right now would of course be much better as the
solution you came up without discussing it with anybody ...

Tschüß
--
Thomas Heuving