Magnus Holmgren wrote:

The podcasts from NPR have a 4 second tune affixed to the front of the podcast. These podcasts are seen by rockbox as a 4 second recording, even though they are
multiple minutes long. When played using the iriver firmware, they play
normally. rockbox only plays the first 4 seconds of the podcast. I can't hold down the FF button to scan past the 4 second mark (it will just wait until I let

<...>

The problem appears to be the gapless playback; because there is information in the file about exactly how long the first part of the file is, Rockbox stops playing the track after that length. I'll see if I can do something about it.

After some consideration, I think the best solution is to simply check the LAME header information (which is used by the gapless playback) for reasonable values. In this case, if the byte count in the header is available and differs "too much" from the actual file size, related information in the header is ignored (frame count, file time, etc.). Works well for the NPR podcast at least...

Btw, found a potential bug while examining this. If there is a LAME header, but it doesn't specify a frame count and a byte count, there will be a division by zero error...

  Magnus