On 2/15/06, gl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > The tool "BeyondCompare" from Scootersoft is the best we could figure
> > out (and we checked a lot at work, believe me).
> Thanks, but I was looking for free.  I might just modify WinMerge...

I see. Did not reckon that.
I might add, that a *lot* of co-workers considered buying it privately
(which is unusual enough) as I think it's worth every penny.

For the record: I've been using WinMerge as well for a long time on a
test machine at work where we would not buy a license for and must say
that it fooled me a few times. It reported different (party with BIG
differences in file and file-size, f.e.) to be equal and such.

lImbus