when I compile the iPod video target with64MB memory, I get a usable firmware that uses all 64MB of memory, but none of the codecs or plugins work.

To compile to 64MB, I changed line 757 of tools/configure from
memory=32 # 30GB models have 32MB, 60GB have 64MB
memory=64 # 30GB models have 32MB, 60GB have 64MB

What do I need to do make the codecs and plugins work?

Also, it's been two years since I've compiled Rockbox, and that was for an Archos v2 (you may recall me for a some ID3v2 handling code, and for the "battery usage test builds).

How should I be compiling these days, for the best debugging?

Thanks,
--Tom