Hi,
Are there any plans to implement proper directory sorting in rockbox? for some reason, I expect "Sébastien Schuller" to be placed before "Syd Barrett", not after as it is now.

Of course, full unicode sorting (i.e. implementing full strcoll()) is almost impossible, but in the 0000-00FF range, a simple lookup table will do the job easily. This means that instead of returning *s1-*s2 (in ./firmware/common/strcmp.c), we just have to return latin1_to_order[*s1]-latin1_to_order[*s2].

strncmp would also have to be reworked to use that lookup table only for latin1 characters (i.e. at odd places, iff the character before was \000).

Fred