On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, gl wrote:

After Linus was about to commit one of my patches, it turns out the project leaders are not willing to accept contributions under a pseudonym. This may be normal in the GPL world, but for someone from the Windows / BSD license world, this seems utterly bizarre.

Since we had this debate the last time, a large amount of Open Source projects have gone a lot stricter in this department and we are certainly not alone in this stand-point. Some of them are BSD-style too.

It is not about what license we use. To me, it is about who does what in a legal / copyright angle and that we are a real project with real people using real names.