Maybe an easy way to come out of this endless discussion is the
following solution:

- Ask the rockbox founders to change the policy to "We only give cvs
write access to people with real names, and an e-mail address we can
verify."
- And: "Everybody is responsible for what he or she commits to CVS."
- Plus: "Only real names get into to CONTRIBUTORS file."

Then they can refuse to commit anything from someone anonymous. But
people like gl and John can ask someone else to take responsibility for
their code, and commit it. They would not get credited on their
nickname, but as far as I can tell from this discussion, that's not
their main concern?

I think there are enough people who are more liberal in these matters
with cvs write access, so these people can just read a patch, and decide
that they will take responsibility for it. I would for example have no
problem at all with checking a wps viewport patch, and committing that
on my own name.

Tomas Salfischberger