On Tue, 30 May 2006, Zakk Roberts wrote:

iPod bug reports, and the policy is not clear to me on how aggressive we should be about closing them because they aren't supported models. I think several of the 'should-be-fixed' ones are also still open even after fixes are committed with comments from the devs asking "is this fixed with latest CVS?" and getting no response;

My position on this: *all* bugs that have an outstanding question that needs to be answered for the bug case to "move forward" SHOULD be closed if nobody replies to the open question within two weeks.

If the submitter happens to be legitimately away for that period, he/she can always re-open the task later or submit a new bug report.