On 6/11/06, Stephan Wezel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
or we could switch to svn(subversion). Because svn has an option with
that the eol-style ist set depending on the OS on wich the checkout is
done.

So on windows all source file will checkout with CR-LF as EOL
on Linux it will only use LF as EOL.

This behavior is exactly what I have now.
The problem exists, because I check out from cvs on windows, program
and patch on windows and then copy the files to Linux in VMWare to
compile.
Maybe some notes about the problems which come from such a setting
could be added to the wiki pages "UsingCVS" and
"VMWareDevelopmentplatform". It took my some time to figure out why
the source I downloaded via a daily worked (it had UNIX style) and the
cvs checkout gave me strange errors during "configure" and "make
install"

But on the other hand, maybe I am the only person to work this way.