On 06/06/07, Michael Sevakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I really think it's best to avoid a separate callback function for each
particular things and instead just go with an interface model that groups of
related callbacks and functions. If you want audio events, provide a pointer
to some sort of audio events interface. Any receiver of events can just
ignore what it doesn't care about and a tendency towards a single call with
an event id parameter and an intptr_t parameter to pass data or pointers to
data can keep the number of functions to a minimum. Some more specialized
functions in the interface can be declared if needed of course.

well a pointer is passed to the callbacks and it could be anything, so
this could be done, but wouldnt it make smaller code if we only ever
pass useful data? (as apposed t a struct which would have absolutly
everything?)