Hi everybody,

in general I agree to Jonathan, I personally really like to configure
everything what's possible ;-)
BUT: I usually only do it until I'm happy with the settings; from then on I
only change a few ones.
So we could consider about having an external tool (either a plugin or even only on PC) to configure _everything_ and to keep only the "common" settings in the normal menu structure.

The problem here is to define which settings are "common" and which are only
"seldom" used..

4. The majority of users won't use the setting.
I like your idea on letting the user upload their configurations and to create
a statistic on it.
With this input the default settings could be tuned and therefore keep the
"common" config.cfg
as empty as possible - but this wouldn't help to define which settings will be
changed often and
which only once...

... my two cents!

with regards,