alex wallis wrote:
hi list, I have just been having a few thoughts about the sleep timer.
I was wondering, is there any interest in reviving patch 8630 to allow the last used value of the sleep timer to be saved to the cfg file? I asked about this some time ago, and nobody liked the idea, but I don't think anyone clearly stated why.

I liked the idea, and I still like it.

Also, I think a good feature for the sleep timer would be to have the player make a warning beep say a minute before it was due to shut down, and at that point you could hit a given key stroke to reset the sleep timers value back to what you originally had it set to, so say you set the sleep timer for 45 minutes, you press this button and you get another 45 minutes. I guess you could think of it like a snooze function. As at the moment, there is no way to override the sleep timer should you wish to.

Isn't there a risk that the beep wakes you up when you have fallen asleep?

Linus